We have archived this event. You can view the recording here.
By far the fastest way to shorten the time you spend in QuickBooks is to use the bank feed feature to download your transactions from the bank. The feature is easy to use, is free in most cases, and allows you to enter literally hundreds of transactions (think credit and debit card charges) in minutes.* Plus, your books will always be current!
Join national nonprofit QuickBooks trainer, Gregg S. Bossen, CPA, as he demonstrates this powerful feature in both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks desktop.
These topics will be included:
· Setting up the bank feed
· Downloading the transactions into the “waiting room”
· Categorizing the transactions (pointing to accounts, class, etc.) before adding them
· Using QuickBooks “rules” to get QuickBooks to prefill categorization
· “Matching” transactions already entered to avoid duplication
· Dealing with “transfers” between accounts
*Not to worry! The downloaded transactions appear in a “waiting room.” Nothing gets added without your approval.