We have archived this event. You can view the recording here.
Cultural, religious, and marginalized communities have a tremendous amount of fundraising potential that is waiting to be unlocked. But how can your nonprofit reach these groups and encourage them to give?
Join us for an introduction to three giving apps that work closely with their community to raise more money. The presenters will share the lessons they’ve learned growing crowdfunding campaigns, and provide tips for how your own nonprofit can raise more money with your own community, building on its unique and authentic local voice and diversity.
This Public Good App House demo event will open with a special opening presentation from GivingTuesday's Lexa Wilson.
Hispanics in Philanthropy: The HIPGive digital platform mobilizes resources for social impact projects throughout the Americas. Through its suite of innovative tools, including crowdfunding, permanent digital campaigns, peer-to-peer giving, and Digital Giving Circles, people and organizations come together to create community and make an impact. HIPGive has brought together over 1,000 nonprofit organizations and 48,000 individual donors, resulting in more than $4.4 million in contributions to social impact projects.
Launchgood: Crowdfunding Incredible Muslims: LaunchGood.com believes Muslims have incredible values to share with the world. Together, they set out to build an inspired future. They are the world's largest faith-inspired crowdfunding platform, which has raised over $350 million across 152 countries from more than 1 million users.
Giving Gap: Giving Gap exists to advance racial equity in giving and mobilize positive action for Black lives and building the movement for the equitable funding of Black-founded nonprofits. Giving Gap amplifies Black-founded organizations by providing
- A donor platform that allows individuals and institutions to learn about and give to vetted Black-founded nonprofits
- Research, data, and reporting that documents the strengths and needs of Black-founded nonprofits
- Fundraising and storytelling campaigns to mobilize giving and positive action
After each organization demonstrates their platform, they’ll answer questions like
- How do you incentivize people to participate in crowdfunding campaigns?
- What can we learn from the success the presenters have had in activating fundraising within their communities?
- What is unique about fundraising in the Latinx, Black, and Muslim communities? What lessons can other community-based fundraisers learn?
- What is the best-kept secret in online fundraising?