We have archived this event. You can view the recording here.
One of the most confusing parts of running any business is handling payroll. For a house of worship, the confusion is magnified when pastors are involved. Suddenly, in addition to your standard employees, you’re dealing with “dual status” employees and housing allowances. Join house of worship accounting and QuickBooks experts Barbara Starley, CPA, and Gregg S. Bossen, CPA, in this high-demand webinar on understanding pastor payroll.
Perhaps you’ve been wondering:
- What does “dual status” mean?
- Who can be considered a pastor?
- Should I report pastor compensation on a W2 or a 1099?
- How do we determine a housing allowance?
- Can our church withhold taxes for our Pastor?
Join House of Worship accounting and QuickBooks experts, Barbara Starley, CPA and Gregg S. Bossen, CPA in this high demand webinar
In this webinar we are going to cover:
- Similarities & differences between pastors and standard employees
- The definition and qualifications of a “dual status” employee
- How to report pastor compensation to the IRS
- Best practices for determining, paying, and reporting housing allowances
- Typical concerns and misconceptions about withholding taxes