We have archived this event. You can view the recording here.
Learn the fundamentals of decentralization and how to harness the power of decentralized storage. The workshop will break down the benefits of decentralized storage before diving into Filecoin, the world’s largest decentralized storage network. Real-world tools and practical applications will help attendees explore and implement decentralized storage solutions.
Attendees can expect to:
- Discover the concepts of decentralization and the decentralized web, a public infrastructure that is accessible to everyone and not dependent on big companies and third-party intermediaries.
- Dive into the benefits of decentralized storage — from efficiency to redundancy — and how decentralized storage is creating infrastructure for the future of the web.
- Take an in-depth look at the Filecoin network, how it operates, and supporting technologies like blockchain and InterPlanetary File System (IPFS).
- Explore real-world tools designed to help anyone leverage the benefits of decentralized storage, including web3.storage and IPFS.
- Uncover real-world use cases, learning about different ways that social impact organizations are deploying decentralized technologies and decentralized storage to bolster their work.
The workshop is for anyone who is looking to learn more about decentralized technologies and who is curious about how these emerging technologies could benefit their organization.
This event is supported by an award from the Filecoin Foundation for the Decentralized Web.
This Public Good App House event is a project of Caravan Studios, a division of TechSoup.