NEW EVENT LINK: https://techsoupglobal.zoom.us/my/net2meetup
Pick up any direct mail pack or donor newsletter and chances are you’ll find it littered with generic phrases, sector jargon and corporate weasel words that kill warmth, authenticity and donor love. This hands-on workshop will show you how to:
• Identify and ruthlessly eliminate jargon
• Replace meaningless generic phrases with active word pictures
• Substitute eye-glazing academic definitions with wallet-opening words
• Bust out of the corporate-speak mindset
• Start jargon translation at briefing stage before you write
• Compromise when you can’t get it through approvals
As part of the session, you’ll be invited to submit your own pieces of jargon to be workshopped live. Whatever it is, there will be a simpler, more relatable way to say it donors!
June Steward is a fundraising consultant and copywriter at June’s Fundraising Letter. She helps non-profits raise millions of dollars in individual giving and each year writes hundreds of thousands of words in charity stories and donor love. Her consultancy specialises in charity direct marketing, fundraising strategy and training. She has been a speaker at both Australian and international fundraising events and conferences. Her favourite fundraising thing is helping charities write evocative, values-driven copy that drives donors to DONATE NOW.